Monday 21 May 2007

Chapter 6: ApaReCe PePiTo GriLlo

When Savater talks about the different kinds of “imbeciles”, I realize that in my everyday life I happen to act as some of them!!! For example, I am sometimes so scary about the freedom I have that I refuse to make my own choices and decide what route to take; or I just see what is happening and I don’t do anything to change it or to avoid it because the fear do not let me to do so. I know that I can change that if I would like to.
Another thing that I consider important to name is "remorse". It is so powerful that can make a person to feel upset, uncomfortable and unhappy with oneself when one feels that he/she did something wrong. It would be great if many of us had it (especially politicians).


4 comments:

Gladys Baya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gladys Baya said...

I guess all of us are sometimes "clever" (or should we say "intelligent"?) and sometimes real "imbeciles", Laura...

What has led you to believe that some people experience no remorse, I wonder?

As regards to your reference to politicians in particular, please remember this discussion when you get to Chapter 9 ("Elecciones Generales")!

Fondly,

Gladys

PS: not willing to wait until chapter 9? Try this entry in the class blog, posted by a member last year, as an "appetizer"! ;-)

L@ur@ said...

I think that they experience no remorse because of their acting. Actually, it`s something difficult to state because we cannot know what they are feeling inside or what they are thinking,don`t we?
After reading the entry that you had told me, I agree about that... we deserve the politicians we have, and we cannot expect others to change things that wecan do on our own.I think that she wanted to say that, didn`t she? I guess so.jejeje.
Thank you for the entry!!

Gladys Baya said...

Why not leave a comment for Kary herself in the blog, Laura?

You know me, and you know I'm "dying" to comment on what you've just said about "deserving the politicians we have"... but I'll keep my mouth shut until you've had the chance to post your entry on chapter 9!

LOL,
Gladys